My Rankings of Scottish Courses
My final ranking list of the courses we played:
1. St Andrews Old Course - it's got character, presence, and tradition. Not a pretty course, but a test of golf. I'll remember the birdie on #1 and the par on #18 forever.
2. Turnberry Ailsa - the stage for the 1977 "Duel in the Sun" between Nicklaus and Watson. Loved the atmosphere!
3. Carnoustie - On #18, I hit my ball into the burn just like Van De Velde did in the 1999 Open. I made six though :) They will be hosting The Open in 2007 there.
4. Royal Troon - expensive, though ya get two rounds of golf. Holes #7-12 are magnificent, the rest aren't as great.
5. Kingsbarns - prettiest course in Soctland, with the most holes on the coastline. A Scottish Pebble Beach. It's man-made though, so I drop it down a bit. Kinda resort-y.
1. St Andrews Old Course - it's got character, presence, and tradition. Not a pretty course, but a test of golf. I'll remember the birdie on #1 and the par on #18 forever.
2. Turnberry Ailsa - the stage for the 1977 "Duel in the Sun" between Nicklaus and Watson. Loved the atmosphere!
3. Carnoustie - On #18, I hit my ball into the burn just like Van De Velde did in the 1999 Open. I made six though :) They will be hosting The Open in 2007 there.
4. Royal Troon - expensive, though ya get two rounds of golf. Holes #7-12 are magnificent, the rest aren't as great.
5. Kingsbarns - prettiest course in Soctland, with the most holes on the coastline. A Scottish Pebble Beach. It's man-made though, so I drop it down a bit. Kinda resort-y.


1 Comments:
We're glad you had a good time at Carnoustie. Right now we have the course set up the way it will be for the 2007 Open. Sorry we didn't make it in at number 1 on your scale, but there's some great courses on your list.
Regards,
Blogging Team
http://www.carnoustiegolflinks.co.uk/blog
Post a Comment
<< Home